Welcome back to Easts for 2016
If your have played for our club before or this is the first time you have joined us please find information on this page that relates to this age group. Navigating your way around new websites, training fields on a Friday night, getting to know new parents of equally excited or bewildered players and knowing who to ask when you have a question are all part of the fun that goes with joining a club such as Easts. The first thing you should know is that the club is run by volunteers and your support is greatly appreciated. It is difficult to know who to offer your assistance to so the first port of call is our Club Manager – Julie Laws – who works Monday to Friday in the clubhouse office.
Here are the Under 12-14 Team Formation Guidelines
Team sizes? 15 a side tackle.
What happens if it rains? Check the website eaststigers.com or subscribe to Facebook and Twitter to receive updates on your phone. A decision is made before 6.45am on game days or 4.00pm of training nights.
What to wear? Game day: Jerseys are supplied by the club and the team manager may organise a roster of parents to wash the team set each week. Turn up to the game in the Game Day Shirt , Easts shorts and socks (available for purchase from the tiger shop) and moulded football boots, blades or sports shoes (joggers/runners). Any additional playing gear ie head gear must be IRB approved. We encourage parents to get into the spirit of the game and purchase a club polo to wear. Training nights players can wear the above outfit as well or last years Tshirt.
How can I help? The club relies heavily on parents to fill a range of volunteer roles during the course of the year.
Each team requires the following positions to be filled:
- Coach Smart Rugby compliant for all coaches, Blue Card Coaching Level 1 for U11 – U17
- Manager Attend an initial meeting at the Clubhouse and Blue Card
- Touch judge As per Brisbane Junior Rugby guidelines.
- Field marshal For home games only, training provided at Clubhouse at start of season
- Referee Referee Kids Course or Level 1 or higher accreditation. Home games only.
Referees for U10 to U18 are supplied by Queensland Rugby Referees Association
- Merchandise Assistance with the Tiger Shop
- Sponsorship Assistance with securing sponsorship for the club and team jerseys
- Fundraising Assistance with raffles and organising parents to participate in club functions. eg Annual Dinner, Ladies Day
Is there players Insurance? The club employs appropriately trained sports medicine staff to attend all home games. Their advice is to be taken by game officials (referees, coaches, managers and parents) regarding injuries to players and the ability of the player to continue playing.
One sports medic will be engaged per full size field in operation.
Information regarding the insurance paid on your behalf from your registration fees can be found on the ARU website. Click this link to read up on it and down load a claim form if applicable.